r/DonaldTrump‘s Top 45 Accomplishments (full list): https://www.reddit.com/r/donaldtrump/wiki/top_45
★ Accomplishment #40 ★
Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative
- On February 7 2019, President Trump issues a memoranda on the Promoting of Women’s Global Development and Prosperity, establishing the W-GDP. The stated goal being to ” enhance the opportunity for women to meaningfully participate in, contribute to, and benefit from economic opportunities as individuals, workers, consumers, innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors, so that they enjoy the same access, rights, and opportunities as men to participate in, contribute to, control, and benefit from economic activity.”
- Through USAid, the W-GDP has announced hundreds of millions of dollars in investments and partnerships for Women around the globe.
- In its first year, W-GDP has reached 12 million women and taken bold steps to fulfill this mandate, from ramping up the Initiative’s policy focus on legal reforms to launching new partnerships with the private sector through the W-GDP Fund.
Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative
- In 2017 at the first G20 for President Trump, his daught Ivanka Trump announced with the World Bank IMF that they were launching the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative (We-Fi), an initiative aimted at unlocking more than $1billion in financing for women entrepreneurs.
- World Bank President gave particular credit o Ivanka Trump on helping start the initiative.
Maternity Leave for Federal Employees
- In Sept 2016, then-candidate Donald Trump revealed a national paid gamily leave plan, something not propsed before by Republicans.
- in 2017 the American Economic Association put out a report “The Economic Consequences of Family Policies: Lessons from a Century of Legislation in High-Income Countries”, that found that new mothers away from work are less likely they are to be promoted, move into management, or receive a pay raise once their leave is over.
- On July 11 2018, Ivanka Trump published an O-Ed calling on bipartisan support from paid family leave, as an “investment in America’s families”.
- On December 20, 2019, President Trump signed into law the 2020 National Defense Authorization Act, giving all federal employees 12 months paid maternity leave for newly born children.
- On Fubruary 4 2020 President Trump continued to push for more, asking for Congress to pass legislation that will expand paid parental leave to every working American.
U.S. Strategy on Women, Peace and Security
- On October 6, 2017 President Trump signed the bipartisan legislation (voted on by a Republican house and senate), Women, Peace, and Security Act of 2017. This bills goals were that the “United States should be a global leader in promoting the participation of women in conflict prevention, management, and resolution and post-conflict relief and recovery efforts”
On July 11. 2018 President Trump released the United States Strategy on Women, Peace and Security.
submitted by /u/sublimeinslime